[free-sklyarov] Encouraging level of Dmitry Awareness

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 14 14:30:43 PDT 2001

	Hi,

	I flew back to NJ last weekend to register for another academic
	year, and took my lovely Free Dmitry shirt with me.  I wore it
	to a number of student social events, prepared to explain the
	shirt to everyone who asked.

	Instead, a lot of people were already informed, very reassuring.
	Whenever someone did ask, "um, why do you want to boycott Adobe?"
	or "Dmitry who?" in conversation, there was always someone else
	in that conversation who would explain the situation.

	Granted, these were grad students, so maybe they're more
	likely to know than the average person (or they should:  this
	was a grad student arrested for material related to his research.)

							Xcott