[free-sklyarov] Feature "rights"

Edmund A. Hintz ed at hintz.org
Fri Sep 14 17:20:24 PDT 2001

On 9/14/01 5:15 PM, sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU thus spake:

>	That is:  if you take away the fair use infringements, what's
>	in there that plain old ordinary copyright law wouldn't handle
>	just fine?

Hear hear. This is one of the points that Bruce Schneier makes
constantly, and it makes good sense to me. Don't make new laws to cover
the net, adapt existing ones to it.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed at hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org