[free-sklyarov] Feature "rights"

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Sat Sep 15 03:00:18 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 07:59:00PM -0400, John Dempsey wrote:
> > what I'm saying is that you don't have a moral right
> > that the reader, software or e-book support a given feature.
>
> I'm saying that you should not be imprisoned for implementing features
> protected by the rights of fair use.

<sigh>

I absolutely agree. but that STILL doesn't make it "illegal" or a
violation of your "rights" to disable a text-to-speech feature.

yes, you should have a right to re-enable it if you can and want. but
you should NOT have a right that it is enabled. end of discussion, I'm
tired of the back-and-forth.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org