[free-sklyarov] Right or feature?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sat Sep 15 08:11:29 PDT 2001

Huaiyu Zhu writes:

> I think it is appropriate for those pro-libertarian or anti-libertarian
> people to voice their opinion on Sklyarov case or DMCA here, or even on
> the other side's standing on these issues.  But comments on the other
> side on other topics is, IMHO, quite off-topic here.  Personal attacks
> are very much inappropriate here.  They will do nothing to further the
> argument of the speaker, either.

Yes, I think it's on topic to talk about whether libertarianism or
other political philosophies can encourage people to support Dmitry,
or whether these philosophies lead to support of the DMCA.  (Also,
it's relevant to talk about how or whether we can do outreach to
different groups to get them involved.)  The libertarianism debate on
this list got off-track earlier, but it's not inherently inappropriate.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull