[free-sklyarov] Boycott Adobe: Call for Proposals

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 15 13:56:56 PDT 2001

on Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 03:59:57PM -0400, proclus at iname.com (proclus at iname.com) wrote:
> On 15 Sep, Pablos Kadrevis wrote:
> > People of Earth,
> >
> > The founders of Boycott Adobe are requesting proposals on the theme of 'What
> > to do with www.boycottadobe.com'.  We've received a lot of mail from people
> > who think Adobe got off too lightly the first time around and are looking to
> > the community for advice.
> >
> > The most reasonable proposal will be accepted and the three domain
> > names will be assigned to the winning individual or group. From what
> > they've written, it looks like it will be a hot autumn for Adobe
> > unless Dmitry is freed.

Please use postfix quoting format:  your reply goes below the material
cited.  Trim your quotes appropriately and ensure your attributions are
accurate.

Thank you.

> Boycott Adobe should be kept ready in the event of a return to the
> boycott.  There is no reason to believe that Adobe will continue to
> play nice, and we need to be ready to rekindle the boycott in great
> strength at any time.

Adobe are not playing nice.  I vote for reactivating the boycott.

I've trimmed my own sig to one line, following identifiers, in deference
to the week's events.  I'm restoring my prior sig calling for boycott,
support for Dmitry, and repeal of the DMCA immediately (it was a matter
of time).

We're going to see a shitload of poorly formed, and poorly informed,
legislation in upcoming months.  The motives may or may not be pure, but
the curtailment of freedoms must be prevented.

The US is not just the home of the brave, but the land of the free.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>          http://kmself.home.netcom.com/

Praying for the victims.