[free-sklyarov] Boycott Adobe: Call for Proposals

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Sat Sep 15 23:09:30 PDT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Bob La Quey wrote:

> As far as I am concerned, it was a tactical error and has
> become a strategic error to drop the boycott.

	Well, we didn't know back then what we do now.  Now we're seeing
	the gov't press ahead regardless of Adobe's statement.  We wanted
	Adobe to help undo some of the damage they inflicted, and now we
	know that their limited cooperation really didn't do anything.

	Perhaps Adobe can be convinced to help more, if they expect
	powerful repercussions from a guilty verdict?  I.e., we make concrete
	(and visible) plans now for the most complete and powerful boycott we
	can possibly engineer, brainstorming many different avenues and
	creative tactics for both raising awareness and freeing people of
	any need to choose their formats or products.  Maybe if they see a
	very real, very powerful shit-storm off the coast of San Jose, ADBE
	will consider Dmitry's legal bills a relatively small and wise
	investment.

	So I say, let's at least plan, and use this time and space to
	discuss all the things we *could* do, if we wanted a boycott of
	maximal effectiveness.
								-S