[free-sklyarov] It won't happen

Svein Ove Aas svein.ove at aas.no
Tue Sep 18 10:49:40 PDT 2001

[I accidentally sent this message privately; sorry.]

> We just agreed this force could stop the world.  Where's your moxy?

As you say, it *could* stop the world; the problem is that it *won't*.
At least not without knowledge that everyone else is also in on it; it'd only
work if a significant number of people joined, otherwise it would just mean
loss of jobs and momentum.

The problem here, as far as I can see, is that we have problems agreeing, or
at least problems doing something.

Perhaps it's time to form a global Guild of Programmers(SysAdmins etc. too)?
What do you think?

Certainly some form of organization is in order, and we're about the only
field that doesn't have it.

--
Beware of those who would deny you information, for in their hearts they
dream themselves your master.