[free-sklyarov] A Dictatorship is Inevitable

D.C. Wornock dcwornock at home.com
Tue Sep 18 14:34:47 PDT 2001

Two-hundred and twenty-five years ago there existed the highest percentage of intelligent freedom loving people the world has ever known.  The reason is that they were mostly adventurers.  People that travel to another country to live are adventurers.  While America was being colonized we were a nation of with a high percentage of freedom loving adventurers.  However, humans have evolved so that the norm is to trust and believe in kings and leaders to provide for their security and well-being.  Because of regression-to-the-norm, we (their descendents) are mostly a nation that love security more than freedom.  Instead of self reliance, we trust the government to provide for our needs.  Therefore, whether by an individual or committee, America will become a dictatorship.

In most police states people are allowed to work, send their children to government approved schools, go on vacations to government approved locations and obtained government approved housing.  Sounds a lot like the United States.  While we still have considerable freedom of speech and only a few countries such as Cuba are off limits for travel, the restrictions keep growing and only a few protest.  At times there will be revolutions, but as always the leaders of the revolutions will seek power for themselves, not freedom for the masses.

Only with the colonization a planet on another star system, or perhaps when silicon based life is in control, is there much hope for another country or very large group of freedom loving people.   I truly hope that someone can prove to me that I am wrong.

D. Wornock