[free-sklyarov] Seybold: Sept 24-28, San Francisco (Moscone)

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 20 02:13:26 PDT 2001

Seybold is coming up.  This is the online/desktop publishing convention
held in San Francisco.

    http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=1631

Among the features of the conference will be "a 'community wall' as part
of the event where each of you can express your thoughts on our industry
and our country."

There will also be an "E-Book and DRM Arena and Showcase":

    http://www.planetebook.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=236

    Along with the eBook & eContent Hot Technology Day, September 26-27
    at Seybold will feature a Showcase for participating companies, as
    well as a quick fire "'shootout." Below we preview the companies
    involved, the speakers taking part and include interviews we have
    recently carried out with them.

    The Planet eBook and Digital Rights Management (DRM) Arena gives
    Seybold San Francisco attendees an opportunity to watch focused,
    detailed demonstrations on each company's e-book- and DRM-related
    products and services. The Planet eBook and DRM Arena consists of a
    classroom-size presentation theater outfitted with a professional
    theater-style display, with each session running for 45 minutes
    thoughout the day.

Is there any organized effort to have a Sklyarov/DMCA presence at the
convention?

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org