[free-sklyarov] FYI> Adobe Systems' Q3 earnings report

John Dempsey john.dempsey7 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 20 12:53:35 PDT 2001

> Neither Adobe nor any of the participating analysts mentioned the
> "Boycott Adobe" movement as possibly having had a negative impact on
> the company's less-than-expected third-quarter results.

We lost a lot of momentum by their initial about-face.  Over the long haul I
think we can damage their brand, and make symbolic inroads on their markets.
We can certainly make wielding of the DMCA a PR nightmare.  This doesn't
require financial ruination of Adobe to succeed.  Plus analysts are
notoriously unwilling to acknowledge activism even when it does seem to have
impact.