[free-sklyarov] AAP at it again - "DMCA essential to the future of E-Commerce"

Ilya V. Vasilyev ath at limm.mgimo.ru
Sun Sep 23 07:22:22 PDT 2001

Hi, Alex Katalov!

> After reading articles like this I begin seriously thinking about
> publishing full sources of Advanced eBook Processor on our website!

Also e-book authors can consider investing in "pirate" industry.
Russia have one good example of legal "pirate"-type industry.

"Buka" game publisher published bestseller "Heroes of Might and Magic ]I["
at the price of "pirate" CD-ROM and used "pirate" CD-sellers as distribution
network.  They got the same revenue, the "pirates" have -- really good money
because of many customers.

It is good to write an article to the authors, describing true situation
with "digital rights" and freedoms.  I think, all good authors write for
being read by readers, not design cruel tools for police prosecution.

Evil corporations, like AAP and Adobe, that try to fight with changed
reality, are already dead.  They are in the past, we have the future.

- - -
Ilya V. Vasilyev
Civil Hackers' School
Moscow Center +7(095)162-4767