[free-sklyarov] AAP at it again - "DMCA essential to the future of E-Commerce"

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Sun Sep 23 21:04:20 PDT 2001

On Sunday 23 September 2001 08:13, Ilya V. Vasilyev wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> In Russia we lived under non-free speach, and learned to read "between
> lines".  I study AAP President words carefully, and learned, that truth is
> on our side.  Read his last words again:
>
> == Patricia Schroeder, AAP ==
> There is no way the world is going to be able to deal with online
> protection of property unless we stand together and have strong enforcement
> policies in our countries.

We also need to educate the public. This will be
> very hard to do because things have gone so far. Making the most noise
> doesn't mean one is right. That must be remembered by all of us as we
> proceed.
> == Patricia Schroeder, AAP ==
- -  -snip - - -

Hi:  I agree with you 100%.

She says, "We also need to educate the public."  An honorable challenge for
all sides.
She says, "This will be very hard to do because things have gone so far."
The truth is prevailing?  Lies are harder to come by?  Why would this be very
hard to do?
She says, "Making the most noise doesn't mean one is right."  Who actually is
making the most noise?  Are they, with their media interviews, media
coverage, public appearances?
She says, "That must be remembered by all of us as we proceed."  Are they
shifting to a strategy of closed communications?  Are they headed
"underground", "behind the scenes", or possibly increased lobbying?
Tom