[free-sklyarov] AAP at it again - "DMCA essential to the future of E-Commerce"

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sun Sep 23 21:39:19 PDT 2001

Xcott Craver writes:

> 	I certainly wouldn't force kids through an entire semester of
> 	writing reports about what "intellectual property" means to them,
> 	or why they shouldn't use Napster.  Feh.

http://www.wipout.net/

This is a good contest, making writing about intellectual property law
fun for students.  It's definitely more exciting than that _other_
contest...

I'd want to throw in the phrase "Like other subsidies, 'intellectual
property' laws have costs as well as benefits" if I wrote a WIPO or
WIPOut essay, or talked to a reporter or a friend about this.

I understand that Brian Harvey is teaching a computer ethics course at
Berkeley this semester; I imagine he has a much more interesting
curriculum.  Want to check it out?

http://www-telebears.berkeley.edu:3400/cweb/?_InField1=CATALOG&_InField2=COMPSCI&_InField3=195++

Wednesdays and Fridays, 380 Soda Hall.

If you've gone back to New Jersey, I can pass this along to
free-sklyarov-sfba.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyal.ty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull