[free-sklyarov] Max Cleland (GA) response to Sklyarov case

mickey mickeym at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 26 12:12:13 PDT 2001

The only thing that I see significant is that the letter acknowldges that the
case is "groundbreaking." The part about "allows an inventor or creator to
temporarily exclude others from the use of their  information without
compensation" was intriguing, in that it shows the basic misunderstanding of
the issue in the case. AEBPR is only useful *after* an author has been
compensated for the copy, and the law is predicting that the customer will
always allow someone else to use the information without compensation.

mickeym