[free-sklyarov] Max Cleland (GA) response to Sklyarov case

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Wed Sep 26 12:18:59 PDT 2001

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 11:38, mickey wrote:
> Below is the text of a letter that I received from my state senator...
>
> mickeym
>
>     Thank you for contacting me regarding the arrest of Russian
> programmer
> Dmitry Skylarov and his employer Elcom Ltd.  I appreciate hearing from
> you on
> this matter.
- - -snip- - -

Hi:  We are supposed to be living in a civilized society, according to Max
baby.  Regardless of how he states the "facts", he conveniently leaves out
the fundamental premise.  A program written where it is legal, and sold where
it is illegal, is a matter to take up with those those responsible for
engaging in such activities.  How many employees can dictate conditions to
their boss?  A programmer is arrested, indicted, and headed for 25 years, not
5, in jail.  Max is not only engaging in uncivilized conduct, behavior, and
accepted norms, the jerk is not taking responsibility for his actions.  When
someone does not respond to the premise put forth, that someone needs a big
2X4 across the shoulders to get his/her attention.

We need yet another "HALL OF SHAME" for each and every one of these idiots.

Well, thanks for sharing the information, Mickey.    Tom