[free-sklyarov] Max Cleland (GA) response to Sklyarov case

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Sep 26 12:19:52 PDT 2001

mickey writes:

> The only thing that I see significant is that the letter acknowldges that the
> case is "groundbreaking." The part about "allows an inventor or creator to
> temporarily exclude others from the use of their  information without
> compensation" was intriguing, in that it shows the basic misunderstanding of
> the issue in the case. AEBPR is only useful *after* an author has been
> compensated for the copy, and the law is predicting that the customer will
> always allow someone else to use the information without compensation.

In particular, that the risk that the customer will do that is
unacceptibly high (so the customer should be prohibited from even
getting the chance).

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull