[free-sklyarov] Boycott Adobe: Call for Proposals

Jim Crumley crumley at mail.com
Thu Sep 27 07:18:03 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 12:18:33PM +0200, David Haworth wrote:
> I've dropped acroread too for normal documents (xpdf is much faster
> and renders better on the screen too). But neither xpdf nor
> gv work correctly with a ppower4 presentation (which I use to
> avoid Microsoft software). If anyone can suggest an alternative
> I'd be happy to use it.

Well, you might want to try prosper [1], which is another LaTeX
class for making slides.  It has some advantages over ppower4,
but I haven't been able to get the fancier effects to work with
xpdf or gv either. Of course, there's always StarOffice (or Open
Office) if you don't mind making slide the Powerpoint way.

  1. http://prosper.sourceforge.net/

Jim