[free-sklyarov] Seybold session yesterday

Christopher R. Maden crism at maden.org
Thu Sep 27 10:17:38 PDT 2001

At 03:22 27-09-2001, Alex Katalov wrote:
> > Another excellent point he made was that fair use may not be relevant to
> > the debate here.  If the *contract* for using a piece of intellectual
> > property, like the licensing terms on an ebook, specify certain
> > restrictions, then fair use doesn't come into play.  If customers don't
> > want to abide by the terms of the contract, they should refuse to enter
> > into it in the first place.
>
>OK - and what if this "contract" (license agreement) says that only
>_white_ people should read this book?

You've asked the wrong person for the answer you're looking for, I
think.  I think that that if you don't like that contract, you shouldn't
buy that book.  In fact, if a company is exercising racist policies like
that, I think you should refuse to do any business with that company
whatsoever, and publicize the policies far and wide.  Drive them out of
business.

-crism
  oops, are my politics showing?
--
David Shapiro: You know what you doing.  Free Dmitry!  For great justice.
=== Freelance Text Nerd: <URL: http://crism.maden.org/ > ===