[free-sklyarov] Abobe+DMCA > USSR !

Ilya V. Vasilyev ath at limm.mgimo.ru
Thu Sep 27 17:03:53 PDT 2001

Hi, All!

 AV> What AAP does is just horrible. The clear trend here is to limit all
free
 AV> circulation of ideas, which in long run means to turn our society into
police
 AV> state (like former USSR, for example) and to actually slow down any
normal
 AV> development.

As a person, who lived in USSR, I would say -- the society Adobe and DMCA
wants is *much* worse, than USSR.

 * In USSR it was non encouraged, but you was allowed to hardcopy books.

 * Person, who import Xerox machine to USSR, wasn't put into prison
   in few days after arrival.

 * In USSR you had free libraries, where you can read any book from any
country.  Except of anti-communist books, of course.

 * In USSR you can take a book from friend.  Only if this book is
anti-communist,
police will arrest you.  Adobe+DMCA wants to outlaw *ANY* book shareing.

 * If people make and distribute books, they want ("samizdat"), they were
not
charged just because they make books.  Only "bad content" samizdat was a
crime.

They want Farenheit 451 future for the whole world!

- - -
Ilya V. Vasilyev
Civil Hackers' School
Moscow Center +7(095)162-4767