[free-sklyarov] W3C ridiculous new policy on patents (fwd)

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Sat Sep 29 10:26:51 PDT 2001

On Saturday 29 September 2001 00:38, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have prepared a document dicussing the W3C's Patent Policy Framework
> that is available on my web site at:
>
> http://www.openphd.net/W3C_Patent_Policy/draft.xhtml
> (Plain/print version)
>
> and
>
> http://www.openphd.net/W3C_Patent_Policy
> (Web site version)
>
> I have also included the document below in the event that my web site
> becomes inaccessible.
>
> Please give the issues I have raised careful consideration and provide
> the W3C with a comment by Sunday if you have concerns about this issue
> (by emailing www-patentpolicy-comment at w3.org).

Hello:  This is NOT an issue for discussion.  Any organization that promotes
fee-based software, is a proprietary firm.  W3C.org is fraudulently
presenting itself to the Public, and especially, to those developers that are
now working for a profit-making institution without full disclosure, or
compensation for their work.  Good By, W3C.com.   And, I was looking forward
to working with Batik.  Too Bad.   Tom