[free-sklyarov] My letter to the W3C: Please do not allow any W3C standard to be encumbered by patents.

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 30 12:00:22 PDT 2001

on Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 11:18:36AM -0700, Ilya Volynets (ilya at theIlya.com) wrote:

> Hmm... This definitely doesn't dirrectly realte to
> freeing Dmitry, but oh my, it caused real responce.
> Or at least big part of responce (mail is pouring in
> www-patentpolicy-comment at w3.org at rate of 5 msg/min).
> Maybe there should be some freedom at zork.net list, where all
> concerned people would sign up to receive messages like this?

There's interest in finding a spot to host a "free software law" issues
list.  I'm currently looking for hosts, I can moderate it.  Who's an
admin contact at zork?

Other options include EFF and Crynwr, the current host of the FSB (free
software business) list.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org