[free-sklyarov] Copyright Contradictions

tompoe at renonevada.net tompoe at renonevada.net
Thu Aug 8 21:29:14 PDT 2002

Hi: Let's see what you folks think about the following:
A web site that lists Users'Groups [all kinds, flavors, etc.]
A web site that lists web sites [supporters]
A web site that lists individuals [supporters]

The name of the web site: The Linux Army

On this page, those who agree to the following are listed:
1] Agree to open their sites to SPAM and cross-posting messages for TAKE
ACTION events
2] All messages with EFF will be posted for list members of Users'
Groups, web sites and individuals [upon moderator approval]
3] All members of The Linux Army will set up a folder on their mail
clients to receive all messages with EFF in the Subject Line, so as not
to have an undue amount of cross-posting and SPAM messages in their Inboxes.
4] Now, whenever there are ACTIONS TO TAKE, the hundreds of thousands of
members of The Linux Army are alerted, and can, in most cases, with just
three clicks, "Do Their Duty".

Slashdot is good for what it does, and The Linux Army, ugly as the SPAM
aspect is, needs to be alerted to TAKE ACTION when needed. The only way
to do that is to agree to a SPAM arrangement.

There's a sample page at:
http://www.studioforrecording.org/linuxarmy.html

If the idea is viable, then the next step is to decide who best to host
the site?
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Open Studios