[free-sklyarov] Copyright Contradictions

Seth Johnson seth.johnson at RealMeasures.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 8 22:28:35 PDT 2002

Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> The name is wrong.  Not "Linux", and not even "GNU/Linux".
> Perhaps not even "Free Software".  Right now I do not have
> a name I like, but I often use the phrase "owners and
> makers".  "stakeholders" is also a good word.  The
> Englobulators plots', if successful, will trammel us as
> "consumers", but they will do worse to us as owners and
> makers: they will end our rights to own and make and
> distribute our own stuff.

Information Citizens

:-)

Seth

--

[CC] Counter-copyright:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cc/cc.html

Original authorship should be attributed reasonably, but
only so far as such an expectation might hold for usual
practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no
claim of exclusive rights.