[free-sklyarov] Thing.net evicted from Internet (fwd)

David Haworth dave at fen-net.de
Tue Dec 24 12:12:53 PST 2002

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 08:41:31AM -0800, Martin Baker wrote:
> The DMCA is now being used against parody; the charge here would seem to
> be trademark infringement, not copyright infringement.

Usual NAL disclaimer applies, but it seems to me that use of the
DMCA takedown procedure requires a breach of copyright, or some
related infringement (or alleged infringment).

Trademark infringement doesn't count.

Opinions, anyone?

Dave

PS Merry Christmas, Yuletide Greetings, or Happy Whatever-It-Is-
That-You-Celebrate-At-This-Time-Of-Year.  ;-)

David Haworth                                            dave at fen-net.de
Baiersdorf, Germany.                     http://home.graffiti.net/pogue/