[free-sklyarov] Letter from Senator

D.C. Wornock dcwornock at home.com
Wed Feb 13 22:48:14 PST 2002

Today, two weeks after it was dated, I received the following letter from my senator.  Is it just my representatives or is it common for them to do nothing and then try to take credit after the fact?

 BLANCHE LAMBERT LINCOLN

            ARKANSAS

 355 DIRKSEN BUILDING

TELEPHONE. (202) 224-4843

   www. senate.gov/-lincoln

 United States Senate

WASHINGTON, DC 20510

         January 30, 2002

D.C.Wornock
201 N. Jackson Street
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205

Dear D.C.:

     Thank you for contacting me about the indictment of Dmitry Sklyarov.

      Last month, Justice Department officials dropped charges against Russian computer programmer Dmitry Sklyarov in exchange for testimony against his Moscow based employer, ElcomSoft Company. He and his company were charged with selling and conspiracy to sell technology to circumvent the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

       Again, thank you for contacting me about this issue. If I can be of assistance in the

future, please do not hesitate to let me know.

                                                                            Sincerely,

                                                                            Blanche L. Lincoln

BLL/bp