[free-sklyarov] Judge OKs FBI Keyboard Sniffing

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Fri Jan 4 09:49:00 PST 2002

On Friday 04 January 2002 05:03, Vladimir Katalov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,49455,00.html
>
> DMCA probably violates First Amendment, and it looks like Fourth
> Amendment also doesn't work anymore... What happens?
>
> Sincerely yours,
>   Vladimir
>
> ElcomSoft Co.Ltd.
> http://www.elcomsoft.com
> mailto:vkatalov at elcomsoft.com

Hi:  Well, we watch, listen, and hope.   Our governments around the world are
scrambling to see who takes control of the future, and doing so in power
struggles that have no interest in individual freedoms, using some kind of
perverted rationale that when the smoke clears, the winner[s] will be able to
create a "kinder, gentler" society for mankind.  Of course, they will
acknowledge that folks like us had to suffer, be harmed, but that's the price.

Events like those surrounding Asscroft's announcement that inmates and
attorneys no longer were permitted to communicate by phone, privately,
because, in the name of preserving freedom, the government has to be able to
catch terrorists, will continue, so we watch, listen, and hope.  If the
American Bar Association can step up, and use a model for resolving this one,
then maybe we can translate that model to other issues, with some success.

If they don't.  Well, I guess we watch, listen, and hope.
Tom