[free-sklyarov] DMCA applies to Whole World, Say Prosecutors

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Fri Mar 1 00:28:26 PST 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:16:13PM -0500, Seth Johnson wrote:
> WORLDWIDE DMCA applicability claimed by federal prosecutors
> in Elcomsoft copyright case.  Internet said to make it
> impossible to apply only within U.S.  (P. 1)

see my related post from about a month ago to dmca-discuss.

if I were a politician with some spine anywhere in the world, I'd tell
the US that if they want to shove aside my nations laws, they should at
least do it the old-fashioned way, with bombs and soldiers.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom at lemuria.org>