[free-sklyarov] email commerce

Ed Hintz ed at hintz.org
Fri Mar 1 12:25:41 PST 2002

On 3/1/02, schoen at loyalty.org thus spake:

>I often ask people to e-mail Congress, but you get more attention, and
>a physical response, if you can send a paper letter.  (You're still,
>in general, just thrown into a statistical pool, but you can increase
>the chance that a legislator receives a note or briefing that "n
>citizens believe x".)

A quasi-compromise can be found with various fax campaigns-the ACLU and
the Sierra Club, among others, have systems by which you can have a fax
sent to your Senators and such in your name, via a web form. Probably not
as good as a paper letter, but more likely to get attention than email I
expect. Check the respective websites for info on the systems.

Peace,

Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Unix Geek,      *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Unix Consultant        *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed at hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org