[free-sklyarov] Copyright Trial Set for Russian (fwd)

David Haworth dave at fen-net.de
Tue May 21 13:08:51 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 01:28:02AM -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- The first criminal trial under the
> Digital Millennium Copyright Act will begin Aug. 26, a
> federal judge decided Monday.

A little off-topic, perhaps, but there was a story today (I forget
where - possibly www.theregister.co.uk) about someone from the
DoJ trying to persuade the EU to drop its anti-trust charges
against Microsoft because (he claimed) they would never stand up
in a US court.

By the same logic, the US should drop the charges against Elcomsoft
because they would never stand up in a Russian court.

Dave

David Haworth                                            dave at fen-net.de
Baiersdorf, Germany.                     http://home.graffiti.net/pogue/