No subject

Fri Jul 8 22:00:42 PDT 2005

Check out this bogus language kungfo:

"Fair use is an affirmative defense. As such, it is a privilege, not a right."

For example, as noted by another commentator, "a fair use
defense might allow a user to quote a passage from a book but it does not follow that the user is
allowed to break into a bookstore and steal a book" to do so.12 Such an interpretation would run
counter to the intent and purpose underlying various criminal and civil trespass laws, anti-hacking
laws, and privacy laws.