No subject

Fri Jul 8 22:00:42 PDT 2005

29.-(1) Fair dealing with a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work for
the purposes of research or private study does not infringe any copyright in
the work or, in the case of a published edition, in the typographical
arrangement.

(3) Copying by a person other than the researcher or student himself is not
fair dealing if-
(b) the person doing the copying knows or has reason to believe that it will
result in copies of substantially the same material being provided to more
than one person at substantially the same time and for substantially the
same purpose.

Which I still interpret as: if I want to make MP3 copies of music from my
CDs, so long as I don't let anybody else copy the Mp3s then I'm not
infringing copyright.

cheers
dan