Does LNX-BBC Still Exist?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 20 19:13:59 GMT 2007

Tobias Gruetzmacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 12:03:21AM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>Ok, I see the website back on line. I was interested in attempting
>>to do a virgin build, but found that I had problems. I run FC2,
>>and tried to do both the "straight" build, and the "chroot" build;
>>both of them failed during multiple compiles. You say that GAR
>>is being abandoned. Is there a time table for a new system for
>>storing/retrieval of source and building?
>>
>>NB: I'm not interested in a remastering, like with Knoppix, but
>>rather as I stated a virgin build from sources.
>

> I was searching for a similar system when I came to LNX-BBC, but I think
> it is too much work to fix the current GAR system for myself... I'm

What I came across was the compiler which it builds has missing
include files, so many of the compiles being done by gcc-2.95.3
fail, even if I make it skip over one, it fails on another. I
didn't want to take the time to figure out how to fix the compile
environment, but if that is in the works, anyway, then I'll wait
a little longer.

> currently evaluating other systems. Maybe have a look at Gentoo's
> catalyst, which looks like a interesting system. See
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~wolf31o2/sources/catalyst/ and
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~wolf31o2/sources/livecd-specs/
>
> Greetings, Tobi

Thanks! I'll have a look. I thought Gentoo was a "full" distro
even on LiveCD.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.