LNX BBC Network Interfaces in VMWare

mlists at shadow-security.net mlists at shadow-security.net
Tue Nov 4 05:18:11 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a test rig of LNX BBC in a VMWare setup.

Within VMWare I have configured the virtual machine as an "other Linux
32-bit" and enabled two host-only network devices.

My problem is that running 'ifconfig' at the terminal returns only the
loopback adapter.

dmesg doesn't appear to show anything network interface related either,
however if I use the same VM Config with a Knoppix CD I can see (and use)
the interfaces just fine. Can anyone suggest a possible area where I
should look?

Kind Regards,

Sh4d03