[Seth-Trips] [katina@eff.org: [E-S] [BayFF] EFF Holds BOF (Birds of a Feather) Session at ALS Conference]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue Oct 30 21:53:24 PST 2001

ALS is now free to attend, _and_ you can get to it on BART (no need to
fly to Atlanta).

http://www.linuxshowcase.org/

Since I'm no longer planning to go to Philadelphia, I should be around
at ALS for most of the show.  Some people have been pessimistic about
ALS -- "too small", "too close to LWCE".  But I think the combination
of the $0 admission fee with the strong community reputation of USENIX,
and the geeky talks --

http://www.linuxshowcase.org/tech.html

(e.g. "Embedding Linux to Track Concealed Weapons") -- will make this
a good event.

Lee Tien and I will take questions at a BOF session during ALS.
("What is Carnivore?" "Son of What is Carnivore?" "Revenge of What is
Carnivore?" "Return of What is Carnivore?" "Beyond What is Carnivore?"
"The Curse of What is Carnivore?" "What is Carnivore's Edge?" "What is
Carnivore and Empire?" "What is Carnivore and Earth?" )

----- Forwarded message from Katina Bishop <katina at eff.org> -----