[Seth-Trips] SF County Transportation Authority Open House Monday 6/16

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sun Jun 15 20:28:11 PDT 2003

I shall endeavor to attend this event.

----- Forwarded message from suldrew <andrew at sulli.org> -----

Dear Rescue Muni Member:

(Apologies for the short notice.)

If you're interested in San Francisco's plans for public transit
expansion, including a possible extension of the current 1/2 cent
sales tax, come to an OPEN HOUSE held by the SF County Transportation
Authority MONDAY at 6 pm, at 401 Van Ness (Green Room, Second Floor)
at McAllister.

Rescue Muni (Andrew Sullivan, Chair, and David Pilpel, Steercom
Member) has been participating in an Expenditure Plan Advisory
Committee to make recommendations on how to spend 30 years' worth of
sales tax revenues; we have successfully lobbied the committee to
include both an extensive bus Rapid Transit program and some initial
dollars toward the Geary Light Rail project in the 30-year plan.
Thanks also to Dan Krause and Richard Mlynarik who have spoken at
several committee meetings.

Come with your questions!  Refreshments should be available (they have
been at previous events).  For info please email Tilly Chang at
tilly_chang at sfcta.org.  Or see the announcement at:

http://www.sfcta.org/pdf%20files/EPOpenHouse0616.pdf

Thanks!

Andrew Sullivan