[Seth-Trips] Pride Parade, Sunday

Mark smark at 3e0.com
Fri Jun 27 11:44:29 PDT 2003

And if you are at the parade already, don't forget the giant colon:

Smark

Colossol Colon Prank

Saturday, June 28th

1:00pm - 3:00pm

Free, Free, Free

----> Event Description <-----------------------------------------------

Little comes to mind as being more enticing for a leisurely sunshine
stroll than a giant sculpture of the human colon  A slow promenade
through the lovingly recreated end third of the gastrointestinal tract
serves as a perfect way to celebrate the end of Pride, and the Supreme
Court's decision on sodomy.

The Colossal Colon is a massive sculpture intended to help people
understand diseases of the lower digestive tract especially colorectal
cancer that will be on display on Justin Herman Plaza this week
starting Wednesday. We can only assume that providence smiles upon San
Francisco, timing its arrival in our fair city to coincide with the Gay
Parade.

Theme appropriate costumes highly encouraged (but not necessary of
course).  Medical gowns, doctor and nurse outfits, gerbil and hamster
costumes would be quite appropriate to wear attending this event.  I'm
crossing my fingers that the furries will show up as well.
Megaphones?  Free literature?  Craft your own.  Should be a pretty
whacked out crew showing up for this including folks from Guerrilla
Queer Bar, some Cacophony Society nutters, and loads of folks from
NAMBLA the Clowns posse (Ggreg's List).  Bring a picnic lunch, and hang
out with our big group of our friends in the sunshine

Justin Herman Plaza
Base of Market Street
San Francisco

On Justin Herman Plaza itself (giant white tent)

ggreg at ggreg.com
http://ggreg.com