[Seth-Trips] The Century of the Self, 7p, this week, Roxie, SF

Sean Abrahams sean at escex.com
Mon Jan 3 23:27:42 PST 2005

I just got back from seeing the first two parts of the documentary.
I'll be seeing the last two on Wednesday night, and hopefully meeting
some of you.

Very good stuff which echoes much of what I've been reading and
thinking recently. I am reminded of Chomsky's 'Thought Control in a
Democratic Society', the title at least, since I haven't read any
Chomsky... yet. It was interesting to see how long it has been known
how to control and manipulate a society, or how long it has been in
conscious practice. A good compliment to 'The Corporation'.

I'm interested in finding out if the last two parts of 'The Century of
the Self' discusses more about the tools that deliver the messages,
such a television.

This is definitely a must see and discuss. Thanks for sending it to the
list.

-- Sean
http://www.escex.com/blog/