[Seth-Trips] Unix time at 1111111111 Thursday

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Mar 16 15:26:55 PST 2005

Rob Levin points out that the Unix time is about to reach 1111111111
seconds.  That's one billion one hundred eleven million one hundred
eleven thousand one hundred eleven seconds of Unix!  The moment in
question is 1:58:31 UTC Friday, which is 17:58:31 PST Thursday.

I'm sorry I didn't think of this sooner so as to have a party.

The most portable way to check the Unix time (whether you're on a
GNU-like system or not) would probably be to run

perl -e 'print time'

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.