[Seth-Trips] Rebecca Goldstein on Gödel at Commonwealth Club, right away

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue Mar 22 17:14:30 PST 2005

If I didn't have a Portuguese class to go to, I would go to this event
which is about to happen downtown.  The New York Times calls
Goldstein's writing on Gödel "elegant".

http://www.commonwealthclub.org/featured.html#goldstein

5:30 p.m., Wine and cheese reception | 6:00 p.m., Program | 7:30 p.m.,
Book signing | Club Office, 595 Market St, 2nd floor, San Francisco |
$12 for Members, $18 for Non-members

REBECCA GOLDSTEIN | TUESDAY MARCH 22
Author, The Mind-Body Problem, The Dark Sister and Incompleteness

In conversation with ROBERT OSSERMAN, Special Projects Director,
Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI)

Goldstein will discuss her latest book, Incompleteness, which depicts
the life of Kurt Gödel, a man who transformed our perception of math
forever. Goldstein is the author of five novels and has won multiple
prizes, including two Whiting Awards. She was named a MacArthur
Foundation Fellow in 1996.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.