[Seth-Trips] Jack Valenti's other mistake (This Film is Not Yet Rated, Sept. 22)

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue Sep 19 19:19:39 BST 2006

On Friday, Sept. 22, Praveen is going to see _This Film is Not Yet
Rated_ at the Lumiere (1572 California at Polk) for the 9:25p showing.

http://www.landmarktheatres.com/market/SanFrancisco/LumiereTheatre.htm

This film is a documentary about the MPAA rating system.  Much as Richard
Feynman's friend once characterized the Nobel Prizes as "Alfred Nobel's
other mistake", I'm tempted to think of the MPAA ratings as "Jack
Valenti's other mistake".

The documentary was very highly regarded by Aaron Swartz, who strongly
encouraged me to see it, so I'm going to go along with Praveen on
Friday.  Is anyone else interested?

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | This is a new focus for the security
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | community. The actual user of the PC