[svfig-announce] April 24 SVFIG Meeting /// DigiBarn

Kevin Appert forther at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 14:33:05 PDT 2004

(DO NOT POST THIS EMAIL MESSAGE ON ANY WEB PAGE OR NEWS GROUP WITHOUT
DELETING EXCLUDED MATERIAL)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This meeting announcement is sent out once a month to a list
of subscribers.  To subscribe, send email to jv at zork.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This month, we WILL be meeting on the 24th - the Fourth Saturday, (contrary
to the since-corrected previously-posted meeting calander)
We WILL NOT be meeting at Cogswell.

Instead, we have been invited by the Curator to visit the DigiBarn Computer
Museum.  Please fill out the form at the bottom and email me if you're
coming.
Here are directions:  (If you want George's version, email to
mailto:jv at zork.net)
DO NOT POST THIS LINK ON ANY WEB PAGE OR NEWS GROUP
-   http://www.damer.com/location
DO NOT POST THE ADDRESS OR INSTRUCTIONS OR A MAP EITHER!!!

Time - if you're not carpooling, meet at DigiBarn at 11:30am

Car pooling - we'll meet at carpool drivers' or passengers' locations -
If you want to give or recieve a ride please Email me - Kevin Appert
mailto:forther at comcast.net  (DO NOT POST THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ON ANY WEB PAGE
OR NEWS GROUP)

COGSWELL doesn't want us anywhere in their parking lot.  Togo's hasn't been
asked and might tow cars.

Lunch - Ting is intending to cater a picnic at DigiBarn. His plan is to
cook some hot chili beans with hotdogs and some bread - enough to feed 20
people. You are welcome to bring your own grub.
Parking for 15 cars is available at DigiBarn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you would like to present at an SVFIG meeting, send email to jv at zork.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming Attractions:

In May, we hope to have news from AMR about their Ethernet-enabled
Gadget.  How about some ColorFORTH?  TCL, anybody?
In June, I hope to get Mosaic.  They still use the "F-word" on their web
site.
Is anyone interested in getting National Instruments to come and talk?
How about a meeting and tour at the Computer History Museum at the new
digs?  Or is that Forth Day Fodder?
How about we take a month or two off in the summer?

There are two very interesting talks coming up at the Computer History
Museum (or Antique-Geek Warehouse?).
http://www.computerhistory.org/events/lectures/

May 12, Mars Rover
May 19, "Rolm wasn't built in a day"

Please answer these questions if you're planning on coming to the DigiBarn
and email the
answers to me before noon on Thursday, April 22.

Kevin Appert mailto:forther at comcast.net  (DO NOT POST THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ON
ANY WEB PAGE OR NEWS GROUP)

Do you want to give somebody a ride?
Do you want a ride?
Do you plan to eat lunch thoughtfully catered by Ting?