[svfig-announce] No Cogswell for August - Alternative Activities?

Kevin Appert forther at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 16:29:17 PDT 2005

Like it says in the header, Cogswell will not be available on the 27th.
We're planning some other activities, and we're open for suggestions.  More
below...
Please email me (forther at comc...net) if you're planning on attending.  If
there isn't any interest, we'll pull the plug on the whole thing.

email to geoperry at gmail.com

Please let us know if this isn't your preferred email address for the
SVFIG-Announce mailing list.  Thanks for your patience.  If this doesn't
reach you, then you aren't reading this anyway.

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SVFIG  Outing for August 27, 2005
  Please email forther.at.comcast.net by Thursday if you're planning on
attending any of the activites listed below.  I plan to cancel any with
little or no interest and I'll announce this in an email or call you Friday
to confirm.

THIS SCHEDULE IS ONLY TENTATIVE PENDING RESPONSE

10:00 - Coffee at Mercado Starbucks
     I'll spring for a cup of drip.  If you want a Venti Mocha Frappacino
you're on your own.
http://maps.a9.com/?mapMode=m&mapBvr=&ypLoc=3113+Mission+College%2C+95054+&mapFrom=&mapTo=

10:30AM	Surplus Computers Parking Lot Sale

11:12 AM 	Sunnyvale Frys  - Approach the alter of the Pulse
				- Contemplate Causality
				- View the Pictures of Silicon Valley History
				- Cozy up to the Klystron
				- Who was that Audion guy anyway?
				- Apple I warmup for Computer History Museum
http://archive.salon.com/21st/feature/1998/05/cov_21feature.html
http://www.windyhillpublications.com/silicon-valley-sub.htm

11:30	Lunch at Saint John's on Lawrence Expressway
http://www.mv-voice.com/morgue/2001/2001_02_02.dine2000.html

12:30 PM	Moffett Field Museum  (they close at 2:00 so we may try to get
there earlier)
http://www.moffettfieldmuseum.org/

After  MFM	Computer History Museum (maybe a full day there in the fall)

After CHM	Tied House for (you guessed it) a beer

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you would like to present at a SVFIG meeting, email me, Kevin
Appert  forther at com-you-know-the-rest.com  (see the return address)
 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Future Meetings:
September --- Ting on the next generation of GAPP Processor

Coming Soon (or not)
	Math Secrets of Mosaic:  An algorithm is better than a poke in the eye
with a sharp matrix any day.
	Charley Shattuck  - maybe ColorForth?
	Forth Day 2005 in Anaheim?
	Smart Dust
	A USB Device Enumerator in SwiftForth
	PID - Is it right for me?
	SVFIG meeting or meeting fragments as Webcast
	George the Robot Seller from MondoTronics (this droid speaks 237 human
languages but does no actual useful work)
	What happened with the Space Rated Forth Chip?  (not the Harris thing, the
other one)
	Forth-based mass-market appliance computers  --- Cat and/or QX10