[svfig-announce] SVFIG Meeting February 25th

Kevin Appert forther at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 16:36:13 PST 2006

Cogswell College, Sunnyvale, CA  February 25th --- this Saturday
Please join us!

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
It is with sadness that SVFIG reports the passing of long-time Forth
devotee and friend, Henrik Thurfjell, on January 17, 2006.

A memorial is planned for Sunday, February 26th, at the American Legion
Hall, 347 First Street, in Los Altos at 1 PM. There will be music and
sharing of memories.

SVFIG will create a scrapbook of photographs and messages for presentation
to Henrik's family at the memorial. Please contribute your memories and
condolences to Dave Jaffe for inclusion in the scrapbook.

  > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check the web site at http://www.forth.org/svfig/ for last minute changes
to the schedule.
The most up-to-date meeting information is at
http://www.forth.org/svfig/next.html
Many thanks to our wonderful Webmeister, Dave Jaffe.

Preliminary agenda along with schedule updates and discussion may
frequently be found on the SVFIG email list.

Please let us know if this isn't your preferred email address for the
SVFIG-Announce mailing list.  Thanks for your patience.

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  SVFIG  Meeting Agenda for Saturday, February 25th, 2006
At Cogswell College, 1175 Bordeaux Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA
http://www.cogswell.edu

10:00  --- COFFEE  ("... and maybe bagels with some shmeer")
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/weirdalyankovic/prettyflyforarabbi.html

10:15  ---  Another attempt at Digital Storage Oscilloscope  --- C. H. Ting.
"I gave up on Harry Winter's Dual Incremental Sampling scheme, and try a
more conventional approach with a high speed ADC.  I am coding and testing
the digital components on Altera Stratix II FPGA.  The components are eP32
controller, ADC, FIFO, and a PLL clock generator.  For display, I will use
a GameBoyAdvance console, or a graphic LCD display."

NOON --- LUNCH
Some go to TOGO's, some bring their own and stay at Cogswell

1:30 --- INTRODUCTIONS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, RUMORS, RANDOM ACCESS

2:00 --- Interesting Items, Volume 3  --- Dave Jaffe
Dave will continue his survey of interesting newly-introduced
microcontrollers, I/O peripherals, sensors, products, and gadgets that
can  provide useful and unique capabilities to Forth embedded systems. If
anyone has come across anything that fits this category, pass them along to
him for inclusion in his presentation.

3:00 --- Remembering Henrik --- All Assembled
We'll look through Dave's scrapbook and talk about our late, great friend.

The schedule above may be reformatted or line-justified but please transmit
verbatim or not at all.   Any font you like is okay with me.
Tell your friends but please no website or newsgroup posts or media
distribution other than on http://www.forth.org/svfig/ this month for the
obvious reasons.

Wireless Internet access is anticipated (though not guaranteed) at
Cogswell, so bring your wifi.