[svfig-announce] Meeting July 22

Kevin Appert forther at comcast.net
Tue Jul 18 22:53:18 BST 2006

Come join us for our traditional SVFIG Summer Barbecue!

Cogswell College, Sunnyvale, CA  July 22  ---  this Saturday

SVFIG  Meeting Agenda for Saturday, July 22, 2006
At Cogswell College, 1175 Bordeaux Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA
http://www.cogswell.edu

10:00  --- COFFEE
The world's most widely used stimulant.  Rational thought and
stimulating discourse are not ranked.

10:15  --- ASSEMBLER FOR A MASSIVELY PARALLEL PROCESSOR ARRAY --- CH Ting
"I am using eP32 to control a parallel processor array. I will discuss
the problems in mating these two completely different systems and
the challenges in writing programs for this integrated system."

NOON --- LUNCH
Mandatory required attendance at the barbecue at Cogswell ...
This will be strictly enforced!

1:30 --- INTRODUCTIONS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, RUMORS, RANDOM ACCESS

1:47 ---  INTERESTING ITEMS, VOLUME  5 --- Dave Jaffe
Dave will continue his survey of interesting newly-introduced
microcontrollers, I/O peripherals, sensors, products, and
gadgets that can provide useful and unique capabilities to
Forth embedded systems. If anyone has come across
anything that fits this category, pass them along to him for
inclusion in his presentation.

2:18 --- BREAK

3:00 --- RANDOM ACCESS
What happened to those art-robot guys who were going to sell a
Forth chip with a weird metal heat sink fin glued to the top?  They
were on the radar just before last year's Forth Day.

What about the website?  FIG-Forth Listings?  Volunteer dead-link
checkers?  Dead wood?

What ever happend to the "Win32Forth Project"
http://www.forth.org/svfig/Win32Forth/items.html
The last post to the page was in 2002.  Can we
knock it off the "hot topics" list?

Who's heard from Al M. and AM Research ?  AMR Forth was
updated in June, acording to the website.  <<<http://www.amresearch.com/>>>

What will we do for Forth Day?   I'm beggin ya, please bring an idea
for your talk or at least suggest a speaker.

Do PowerPoint bullets require punctuation?

Maybe somebody from IntellaSys will talk about the SEA(tm) or
VentureForth(tm) (or maybe not)
Have a look at the trade press coverage:
--> <<<http://www.eepn.com/Locator/Products/Index.cfm?ArticleID=33451>>>
-> <<<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=intellasys+ventureforth>>>
--><<<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=intellasys+seaforth>>>

  And on the NewsGroups ...
<<<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=ventureforth+seaforth>>>

  4:00 --- ADJORN

The schedule above may be reformatted or line-justified but please
transmit verbatim or not at all.   Do not exceed recommended dosage
guidelines.  Any font you like is okay with me.  I prefer Ariel.

Tell your friends!  Newsgroup posts or media distribution okay,
preferably with a link to http://www.forth.org/svfig/

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wireless Internet access is anticipated (though not guaranteed) at
Cogswell, so bring your wifi.

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming to SVFIG next month:  Spring Break for Procrastinators ...
      ... or a guest program chairman will volunteer and assemble a
dazzling all-star line-up to rival the most dazzling all-star
line-ups of all time.  Actress and Forth practitioner Courtney
Thorne-Smith will guest-host.

Check the SVFIG web site at http://www.forth.org/svfig/ for last
minute changes to the schedule.
The most up-to-date meeting information is at
http://www.forth.org/svfig/next.html
Many thanks to our wonderful Webmeister, Dave Jaffe.

Preliminary agenda along with schedule updates and discussion may
frequently be found on the SVFIG email list.