[svfig-announce] Third Saturday Meeting May 20th

Kevin Appert forther at comcast.net
Tue May 16 14:58:49 PDT 2006

PLEASE NOTE --- THIRD SATURDAY MEETING

Cogswell College, Sunnyvale, CA  May 20th --- this Saturday
Please join us!

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where'd it go?  It's stuck on at the end.  It seemed like a good idea
at the time.

SVFIG  Meeting Agenda for Saturday, May 20, 2006
At Cogswell College, 1175 Bordeaux Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA
http://www.cogswell.edu

10:00  --- COFFEE
       "As if there wasn't already enough energy and
excitement in the room!"

10:15  --- Re-visit Game of Life --- C.H. Ting
"A while ago, I saw a very nice Game of Life display in
one of my favorite electronics shop Anchor
Electronics, at 2040 Walsh Ave, Santa Clara.  It is a
16x16 LED panel, showing many sequences of game of
life from different starting patterns.  I was
surprises at how well the display runs with only a
16x16 display.  I will try to recreate it and show it
in the meeting.  I hope members will bring their own
implementations to the meeting to share."

(Kevin) Speaking of Anchor Electronics,   do they have a
web site?  This was all I could find:
<<<http://www.demoboard.com/anchor.htm>>>

NOON --- LUNCH
Some go to TOGO's, some bring their own and stay at Cogswell

1:10 --- INTRODUCTIONS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, RUMORS, RANDOM ACCESS

1:30 ---   What Happened at the Maker Faire? ---- Dave Jaffe
"Dave will review, through photographs, the many activities,
exhibits, products, and demonstrations that occurred at
this extraordinary event. SVFIG may want to consider
participating there next year."

2:10 --- Break

2:24  --- IntellaSys Presentations  --- Jeff Fox, John Rible, and Doug Dillon
  "Jeff Fox, John Rible, Doug Dillon, and possibly others
will VentureForth(tm) over the SEA(tm) of processors
that the folks at IntellaSys have been creating over the
last few years. The talks will present an insider's view
of the hardware and software, giving an introduction to
the systems and applications due out later this year."

4:00 --- THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS
"A motion to adjourn is always in order except during a roll call ..."
<<<http://www.sonoma.edu/Senate/Roberts_Simple.html>>>
Field trip to Anchor Electronics, anyone?

The schedule above may be reformatted or line-justified but please
transmit verbatim or not at all.   Any font you like is okay with
me.  I prefer Ariel.

Tell your friends!  Newsgroup posts or media distribution okay,
preferably with a link to http://www.forth.org/svfig/

 > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wireless Internet access is anticipated (though not guaranteed) at
Cogswell, so bring your wifi.

Check the SVFIG web site at http://www.forth.org/svfig/ for last
minute changes to the schedule.
The most up-to-date meeting information is at
http://www.forth.org/svfig/next.html
Many thanks to our wonderful Webmeister, Dave Jaffe.

Preliminary agenda along with schedule updates and discussion may
frequently be found on the SVFIG email list.