[svfig-announce] SVFIG Meeting --- April 28th

Kevin Appert forther at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 01:06:11 BST 2007

April 28 --- this Saturday

At Cogswell College, 1175 Bordeaux Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA

*** SEE IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT NEW SECURITY RULES AT BOTTOM OF THIS MESSAGE ***

Main page --> <<<http://www.cogswell.edu>>>
Directions --> <<<http://www.cogswell.edu/directions2campus.html>>>

We are likely going to be in our usual room - 197 A and 197 B
Marked in red on this floorplan:
<<<http://www.forth.org/svfig/room-map.jpg>>>
AGENDA

10:00  --- COFFEE

10:15  --- MULTITRACK MIDI  --- CH Ting
	Knowing Ting, it'll probably be Bach in Multitrack MIDI.

NOON --- LUNCH
Some folks bring their lunch, some folks go to Togos.

13:30 --- INTRODUCTIONS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, RUMORS, RANDOM ACCESS

14:00 --- COOL STUFF AT THE EMBEDDED SYSTEMS CONFERENCE --- Dave Jaffe
	Dave will describe some of the cool products that
	impressed him at the recent Embedded Systems Conference.

14:45 --- BREAK

15:00 --- MEETING VENUE
	Cogswell suits me fine, but some might prefer TechShop and
Ting has suggested Gospel Operation International in Burlingame.
Nobody seems willing to discuss it on the SVFIG list, so we'll
talk about it at the meeting.

15:30 --- THINK OF SOMETHING FOR NEXT MONTH
     This means you!

16:00 --- ADJORN

The schedule above may be reformatted or line-justified but
please transmit verbatim or not at all.   Do not exceed
recommended dosage guidelines.  Any font you like is
okay with me.  I prefer Ariel.

No Newsgroup posts or media distribution this month please!

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wireless Internet access is anticipated (though not guaranteed)
at Cogswell, so bring your wifi.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coming to SVFIG SOON:
   Bring speaker suggestions TO EVERY MEETING!

   Tour of TechShop NOW PLANNING FOR JUNE BUT STILL TENTATIVE
   Propeller Forth
   GUMSTIX
   PLANNING FORTH DAY - EVERY MEETING

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check the SVFIG web site at http://www.forth.org/svfig/
for last minute changes to this schedule.
The most up-to-date meeting information is at
http://www.forth.org/svfig/next.html

Many thanks to our wonderful Webmeister, Dave Jaffe.

Preliminary agenda along with schedule updates and
discussion may frequently be found on the SVFIG email list.
To subscribe send email to geoperry_at_gmail.com

Please let us know if this isn't your preferred email address for the
SVFIG-Announce mailing list.  Thanks for your patience.

Please suggest a speaker or present at a SVFIG meeting.
Email me, Kevin Appert,  forther_at_comcast.net  (see the
return address)

Please do not attempt to reply to svfig-announce at ...

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GETTING INTO THE MEETING ***

     Cogswell in cooperation with DHS, ICE and BATFFCAPB* now
secures its doors on weekends. There will be an SVFIG member
stationed at the door from 10am to 10:15am to let in recognized
attendees. If you are attending an SVFIG meeting for the first
time, please bring along a printout of the agenda to identify
your interest in Forth and gain admission. If you arrive after
10:15am, there will be a number for you to call to alert someone
of your presence at the door. The front door will also be checked
at intervals of 20 to 30 minutes to accommodate those without
cellphones.  Those attempting to signal with semaphore or Aldis
Lamp will be barred from attending last month's meeting.

VERY IMPORTANT:
     Do not under any circumstances let any stranger past the Cogswell doors.
Those who are authorized to be inside have key-cards.

 *Bureau of Alcohol, Tabasco, Firearms, Fast Cars and Party Boats