[svfig-announce] February 27th SVFIG presentation

David L. Jaffe dljaffe at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 10 17:35:34 GMT 2010

Revisiting Mandelbrot - CH Ting
"I started doing Mandelbrot 20 years ago. Then the computer took a long time,
about 30 seconds, to plot it. It was nice, but not very interesting. Now the
computers are fast enough, and I can do one plot in 1 second. This is now
interesting, because I can interact with the plots. I like to use a mouse to
navigate the plots, but need help in adding mouse interface to F#. I have put
all the computation into FPU, and am quite proud of it. However, Windows steals
the FPU from me and I am not sure that I have the FPU all to myself. Anyway, I
will demonstrate almost interactive Mandelbrot plots. "

The most recent SVFIG meeting agenda is posted at:
http://www.forth.org/svfig/next.html