I still might filter posts by content (Was: Bad FROM address {{was Re: [svfig-open] Low max...)

geoperry at blaze.rxcbc.org geoperry at blaze.rxcbc.org
Tue May 20 13:57:25 PDT 2003

You must be 20KB thin to ride svfig-open.  I had listed some too-fat posts
that never made this list (and had posted similarly to svfig).  Even so:

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Kevin Appert wrote:
> Don't assume it's from who it says it is.
> I've been getting a couple of viruses and other junk from assorted
> addresses including sysop at amresearch.    My point is that it almost
> certainly is NOT coming from Al.

... Kevin's advice to the effect that we'd do well to examine posts'
Actual Headers, rather than their Sheep's Clothing... pertains.

So thanks, Kevin.  Even so, in my original essay I only feign'd innocence.

[... original essay available online...]

As it happened, moments later, Mrs. Spanish Prisoner wrote...

... provoking me to suggest that (absent opposition) I might essay some
content-filtering on svfig-open.  -g