I closed -open's archive: [svfig-open] svfig-open scanned by Alta-vista

Geo Perry geoperry at rxcbc.org
Wed Feb 4 09:14:12 PST 2004

Kevin Appert wrote:

> For example - this url came up in a search:
> http://zork.net/pipermail/svfig-open/2003-August/000022.html
> Note that it can be read without going through the sign-in page.
> Is the archive intentionally open to the public?  To search engines?

?Search engines... ?military-style assault-engines...

... I've taken -open private to subscribers; but any one may subscribe.

I remember advertising -open's model of publicly available archives
(with @-less addresses)... ?remember when 'anyone' could post... even
still, I'll entertain interest in re-opening it or keeping it closed.  -g