[Taocow PBEM] Chapter II - Of War and Prophecy

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Thu Dec 2 22:11:09 PST 2004

> [Bongo]
> Bongo nods.   "Fortunately as long as Frost has 'em spooked -- for
> _whatever_ reason -- we should have some advantage," he says in a low
> whisper while they're still huddled with a slight grin Frost's way.  "I
> doubt they'll try anything overtly unfriendly if we don't do anything
> completely stupid.  Still, you're right -- something screwy is going on
> here and I for one would like to find out what before we rush to judgement
> on who the bad guys are.  The guards may also provide something useful by
> accident if someone could engage them in 'friendly conversation...' after
> all, we _did_ just get here from the future and don't know a lot about
> goings-on around here.  Savvy?" He looks at Alex and Frost in particular.
> [Bongo]

[Lady Frost]
Lady Frost rolls her eyes.  "Perhaps they'd like a nice fluffy puppy to
pet?" she says, a mischievous grin on her face.
[/Lady Frost]

> [Bongo]
> After the huddle breaks but before Osiris goes to get Rod, Bongo pulls him
> aside and whispers into his ear.  "Have Rod check our cabins for 'bugs,'
> willya?  If they can hear us I wanna know about it."
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Kyle already seems on the case, though with little success.  A technowizard
might have a better chance at success.

Bongo sits down again and prepares to enter the astral realm.  A few minutes
later he's unconscious and the psychics again briefly see a faint figure
rise up and go through a wall.

Even as Bongo's astral form disappears, Arden, who has been standing
quietly, suddenly collapses, his eyes rolling back to reveal on the whites.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Alternate Mars World Creation Project:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/alternate_mars/
Palladium Rifts PBEM: